Re: Cleanups for powernow-k8

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 04:27:53 EST

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:42:37AM +0000, Dave Jones wrote:

> > > If done properly, that parsing code could be shared by the K7
> > > driver too.
> >
> > Agreed. Function in a header file? Don't want the drivers attempting to
> > call each other at runtime.
>
> Works for me, or shove it out into its own .c file, and have both drivers link against it.

Guys, do you remember my acpi-perflib?[1] Currently, I'm rewriting it so that
it isn't so invasive and can be merged more easily during 2.x.[2] It's exactly
what you want as base for powernow-k7-acpi and powernow-k8-acpi driver.

However, as it relies on CONFIG_ACPI, an acpi-perflib-no-acpi module which
exports the same functions, but includes a minimal parser could be added.
But let's do the easy part (CONFIG_ACPI) first.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=acpi4linux&m=106547064228222&w=2
[patches are taken down from the website, though...]

[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=acpi4linux&m=107398568612489&w=2 is a
first step, another one will be sent out later today.

Dominik