Re: 2.4.24-pre1 hangs with XFS on LVM filesystem full

From: Emilio Gargiulo
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 16:03:11 EST

Yes, a simple overfill of a XFS filesystem on LVM hangs the kernel.
It is easy to reproduce with dd if=/dev/zero of=file_on_dest_xfs_filesystem
bs=1024k.
It was full reproducible with 2.4.24-pre1.
Is also reproduceable on 2.4.23 + XFS snapshot-2.4.23-2003-12-01_00:33_UTC
patch.
It is reproduceable on LVM and on simple partition like /dev/hda10.
It is NOT reproduceable with other filesystems (reiserfs, ext3, jfs).
I compiled the kernel with gcc 3.2.3. (Slackware 9.1)

I am unable to reproduce the problem if I compile the kernel with gcc 3.3.1.
Also is not reproduceable on small XFS filesystem (if the filesystem is
smaller than system RAM). It seems a VMM related problem....
When hang the num-lock key change the led status.
I will try to use KDB...

Thanks
Emilio Gargiulo