Re: 2.4.24-pre1 hangs with XFS on LVM filesystem full

From: Eric Sandeen
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 00:12:45 EST

So you are seeing a hang when you (over)fill the filesystem, if
I understand correctly? If there is any chance that you could
test it with XFS to a normal disk (no LVM) or with some other
filesystem with LVM, that might help to narrow down the problem.
Nightly XFS QA tests do check ENOSPC conditions, but perhaps
there is bad interaction with LVM.

You could also get a CVS kernel from oss.sgi.com, or apply
the KDB patch you your kernel, and enter kdb when the system
freezes. Then you could look at backtraces of the relevant
processes to get an idea of where things are stuck.

-Eric