Re: 2.4.24-pre1 hangs with XFS on LVM filesystem full

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 21:09:58 EST

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:00:08PM +0100, Emilio Gargiulo wrote:
> Yes, a simple overfill of a XFS filesystem on LVM hangs the kernel.
> It is easy to reproduce with dd if=/dev/zero of=file_on_dest_xfs_filesystem
> bs=1024k.
> I compiled the kernel with gcc 3.2.3. (Slackware 9.1)
> I am unable to reproduce the problem if I compile the kernel with gcc 3.3.1.

Hmm, that would seem to be an important piece of information -
could be a gcc-3.2.3 compiler bug. Since noone here is able to
trigger this problem with other compilers too (and under a lot
more varied conditions around the ENOSPC boundaries), I suppose
a gcc bug is a real possibility here.

cheers.

--
Nathan