Re: [2.6.0-test5-mm1] Suspend to RAM problems

From: Claas Langbehn
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:47:53 EST

Patrick Mochel wrote:

> > 1.) APM: (ACPI follows...)
> > apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.16ac)
>
> It's likely that if your system supports ACPI, the APM implementation will
> not work, especially if you boot with ACPI enabled.

Sure. That was with an APM-only enabled kernel.

> > 2) ACPI
> > Thanks to Andrew de Quincey I can boot with ACPI without
> > problems and I can read out my temp and so on, but when I do
> > echo -n "mem" >/sys/power/state
> > the machine goes into sleep (STR) but crashes after waking up again.
>
> What exactly does it do on wakeup?

When the system sleeps, it the power LED blinks. I call it wake-up
when the system starts again. I press a key or the power button. Then
the system beeps once and it comes back...

> Would you please try the patch at:
> http://developer.osdl.org/~mochel/patches/test5-pm1/test5-pm2.diff.bz2

i will try it and report about my experiences later.

> Also, please try removing all modules before suspending and reinserting
> them after resuming.
I did that. But I have a lot inside the kernel. I will try to modularise
more.

> Do you have any of the following enabled:
>
> SMP?
no

> Preempt?
no