Re: [2.6.0-test5-mm1] Suspend to RAM problems

From: Patrick Mochel
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 10:37:46 EST

> I have got kernel 2.6.0-test5-mm1 on an Epox 8k9a9i Mainboard with
> KT400A and an Nvidia FX5200 using the nvidia-module and drivers.
> I use only onboard IDE and onboard ethernet.
>
> I want to be able to use Suspend to RAM with my machine. I tried
> APM and ACPI, both with no success. I also tried with no X11.

> 1.) APM: (ACPI follows...)
> apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.16ac)

It's likely that if your system supports ACPI, the APM implementation will
not work, especially if you boot with ACPI enabled.

> 2) ACPI
> Thanks to Andrew de Quincey I can boot with ACPI without
> problems and I can read out my temp and so on, but when I do
> echo -n "mem" >/sys/power/state
> the machine goes into sleep (STR) but crashes after waking up again.

What exactly does it do on wakeup?

Would you please try the patch at:

http://developer.osdl.org/~mochel/patches/test5-pm1/test5-pm2.diff.bz2

against 2.6.0-test5 and report whether or not it works?

Also, please try removing all modules before suspending and reinserting
them after resuming.

Do you have any of the following enabled:

SMP?

Preempt?

APIC?

> And an