Re: Linux 2.2.20pre10

From: Wayne.Brown@altec.com
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 12:51:53 EST

I never said that Alan, or any particular individual, should risk a lawsuit or
jail. I simply said that I hoped *someone outside the US* (that is, someone not
subject to US laws) would make the information available. Surely there are
places in the world that are beyond the reach of the DMCA. How about those
European sites that made strong encryption available to circumvent the US export
restrictions on encryption technology? I never heard of the FBI raiding any of
them.

Wayne

George Garvey <tmwg-linuxknl@inxservices.com> on 10/22/2001 12:35:53 PM