Re: PROBLEM: Random (hard) lockups

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 16:36:30 EST

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 01:46:49PM -0700, Dan Hollis wrote:
> Perhaps someone can make a test case .c program which uses K7
> optimizations to smash memory? It would be nice to be able to pin this
> down. Obviously, the standard memory testers aren't catching it.

Well, I posted a test program to LKML, but that one failed to show any
errors. Maybe we have to provoke certain access patterns of (physical)
adresses to trigger the bugs ... ?

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development