Re: [OT?] Coding Style

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 20:14:22 EST

Unfortunately the C standards people don't seem to realise there are
languages other than English. C99 had perfect timing to introduce UTF8
Unicode as acceptable in C source. Alas they missed the boat. I have
been embedding Chinese in C source for years (mostly Big-5 - UTF8 is
more likely to be troublesome with existing compilers), and have yet to
hit a significant problem. It isn't standards compliant, though.

Regards,
Steve