Re: Relative CPU time limit

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 20:29:52 EST

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Xuan Baldauf wrote:

> is it possible with linux2.4 to limit the relative CPU time
> per process or per UID?

The (more complex) userbeans patches are IMHO something that
should wait for 2.5, but I will be "porting" my fair share
scheduler to 2.4 RSN.

The fair share scheduler I created some time ago doesn't have
a lot of configurability, isn't always fair to within the last
few percent and doesn't do some other funky things.

Instead, it changes the current Linux scheduler the minimum amount
possible and makes sure nobody can completely hog the CPU.

A version against 2.3.99 and 2.2.x is available from my home page:
        http://www.surriel.com/patches/

cheers,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com.br/