Re: genhd.c?

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 17:13:34 EST

Cesar Eduardo Barros writes:
> This clearly doesn't belong into drivers/block! And genhd.c is a completely
> misleading name for it (unless you think the comment pointing at fs/partitions
> is the most important part of it).

Yes, the comment is the most important line ;)

> So I think it should be moved to init/ with a new name (init.c?), or maybe even
> moved inside main.c (which I think would be the ideal fix).

No. Definitely not. The more correct fix is to fix the drivers to use
the new initcall stuff. Unfortunately, it seems that no one has gotten
around to that yet, so its probably best left there for the moment.

(any volunteers?)
   _____
  | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
  / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\