genhd.c?

From: Cesar Eduardo Barros (cesarb@nitnet.com.br)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 15:51:23 EST

I recently decided to take a look at the partition code, which I could recall
being in drivers/block/genhd.c. Looking there, I had the surprise to see it had
only one function, whose beggining was:

void __init device_init(void)
{
#ifdef CONFIG_PARPORT
        parport_init();
#endif
        chr_dev_init();
        blk_dev_init();
        sti();

This clearly doesn't belong into drivers/block! And genhd.c is a completely
misleading name for it (unless you think the comment pointing at fs/partitions
is the most important part of it).

So I think it should be moved to init/ with a new name (init.c?), or maybe even
moved inside main.c (which I think would be the ideal fix).

--
Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb@nitnet.com.br