Re: [off-topic] BP6/HPT-366 problems? [Was: Dual athlon support?]

From: Gregory Maxwell (greg@linuxpower.cx)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 07:44:21 EST

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Aleksandr Koltsoff wrote:

> > BP6 is great as long as you forget about the broken onboard HPT366...
>
> Ha, and I was wondering if I was the only one with the problems with
> this setup.
>
> So, what are the problems with the BP6 if anyone would care to explain?
> Or rather, is there any way of increasing the stability of the setup?

Open case, remove BP6, chuck through window.

More usefully, it seems to be reasonably stable if you:

1. Don't use X
2. Don't use an AGP video card
3. KEEP IT COOL (i.e. if the room isn't 72F put a fan on the BX)
4. Upgrade the bios to the newest revision
5. Don't overclock (duh)
6. Don't use the HPT66 controler.