Re: modutils and 2.4.0-test6-pre1

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 07:51:22 EST

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:36:27 -0500 (CDT),
Thomas Molina <tmolina@home.com> wrote:
>I have a (probably) dumb question here. Under the new scheme am I going
>to run into difficulties? I do the following in rc.sysinit:
>
>mver=`uname -r`
>rm -rf /lib/modules/default
>ln -sf /lib/modules/$mver /lib/modules/default
>INITLOG_ARGS= action "Finding module dependencies" depmod -a
>
>and in /etc/modules.conf I have stuff similar to the following:
>
>path[misc]=/lib/modules/default

/lib/modules/default -> /lib/modules/`uname -r` so modutils will scan
all of /lib/modules/`uname -r`. That includes the new build symlink so
you will end up treating all of /usr/src/linux (or wherever) as modules,
not nice.

I am redesigning the directory scan for modutils 2.3.14 to avoid this
problem. Until that is available, either point the paths to the
subdirectories only or "rm -f /lib/modules/default/build".