can I use u64 on an i386

From: sat (satvinder@npi.stpn.soft.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 07:42:46 EST

Hello all,
I am having a small problem with the data type __u64 as my module uses
variable operations with that type.The module is getting compiled but when I
try to link it , it fails giving error " __udivdi3 symbol not recognised."
Does this mean that it can be done only in case of alpha architectures.

I also tried a small program with "unsigned long long "and it worked fine
does that mean, probably ,gcc is taking care of its internal manipulations.
But seems like these operations are not supported in case of modules or kernel
level programming ..?
please enlighten me about it..
waiting for a reply,

Regards,
Satvinder
PS:Please Cc to me as am not a member of this list