Re: oopsies on 2.4.0-test1-ac22-class + APM 3com nic fix (sortof)

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 21:56:45 EST

"Justin C. Darby" wrote:

> ..
> P.S. if anyone wants my debug info, or oopses from inserting the card if
> its build into the kernel (which btw, hardlocks the machine completly
> and I do not look forward to spending time with a pen and paper :),
> let me know and I'll try to get it to you.

'fraid so. Sorry.

It's probably sufficient to write down the EIP address and the first
four or five addresses from the "Call Trace" line.

Then reboot & fire up 'gdb vmlinux' and use

x/10i 0xnnnnnnn <<-- EIP address
x/10i 0xmmmmmmm <<-- Call trace addresses
x/10i ...

Then cut-n-paste the gdb output.

Thanks.