buffer.c (test1-ac2x) BUG() called

From: Marc Duponcheel (mduponch@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 21:44:39 EST

With the recent thread about test1-ac2x I thought I would
mention that on an SMP machine I have experienced total freeze
(and fsck fun) with the console output mentioning the code

static inline struct buffer_head *discard_buffer(struct buffer_head * bh)
        if (atomic_read(&bh->b_count))
>> this line: BUG();

I apologise for not having written down the OOPS and I don't know
enough about the kernel to know if this is a defect in the buffer
code itself as opposed to someone calling the buffer code

In fact I have experienced total freezes while in X during which no
console output was observed. Maybe it was the same issue.

It always happens when I am compiling multlple things at the same
time (which is mainly what the system does)

-- Marc Duponcheel.
        [work] mduponch@cisco.com
        [home] marc@offline.be