Re: linux-2.4.0-test1-ac22-riel deadlocks

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 20:19:02 EST

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Christopher Zimmerman wrote:

> Whenever I attempt to build a web index on a box running
> 2.4.0-test1-ac22-riel the will eventually crash. I think
> several concurrent bonnies with a file size will do the same
> thing. Since all my test boxes are down right now I can't
> confirm that. However, this problem only manifests itself after
> hours upon hours of crunching.

Maybe my latest VM patch fixes this, but I'm not sure if
it would. If you could send us a bit more information about
what you're doing with the box and what typical vmstat output
and output of other stuff looks like, I'm sure we'll have a
better idea what's going on in your system...

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.

Wanna talk about the kernel? irc.openprojects.net / #kernelnewbies http://www.conectiva.com/ http://www.surriel.com/