Re: 2.3.99-pre8 hangs at boot

From: Andy Isaacson (adi@adi.dsl.visi.com)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 14:42:01 EST

I'm seeing hangs at boot. The kernel never prints anything; lilo
jumps to the kernel and the machine halts. Numlock doesn't work.
-pre3 works fine; I copied over the -pre3 .config and did
"make oldconfig". I'm using bzImage.

The system is a K6-II 300 MHz on a Shuttle HOT-579 board with the VIA
VT580VPX chipset and 128 MB SDRAM, USB enabled in the BIOS (but
booting with a standard keyboard as something in the BIOS boot freaks
out if I have a USB keyboard attached), Matrox Millennium II as
primary (BIOS) head, Millennium I as secondary head, BusLogic BT-950,
Maxtor 91024U4 as hda.

I tried the patch at
http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_0005_02/msg01064.html
but it had no effect. I've put my config up at
http://pirx.candyland.cx/~adi/2.3.99-pre8.config

I'd appreciate a CC on any replies as I'm not on the mailing list.

-andy