2.3.99-pre8

From: Dave Caswell (davec@asylum.apocalypse.org)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 18:35:45 EST

I've only been able to get pre8 to boot on my Toshiba 445 laptop by
turning off all the config options. I'm still working on finding
which config option is bringing things to a sudden halt.

Lilo starts the kernel, and the computer immediately locks up, before
it can print anything on the screen.

I'll post another message if I narrow things down to one or two CONFIG
options, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has a suggestion, or has seen
this before. Oh, yes, pre6 is working fine.

Thanks,
        davec