Re: serial.c

From: Igmar Palsenberg (maillist@chello.nl)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 05:04:10 EST

> P.S. I'll note, though, that adding comments of the form
>
> /*
> * Add one to cobol
> */
> cobol++;
>
> Doesn't necessary make the code easier to read. It's better to optimize
> comments for readiability of those people who *are* willing to spend a
> little bit of time understanding the module, since those are the ones
> which are most likely to give us usable patches. Some duffer which
> expects to pick up the VM code in Linux, and understand it all in 15
> minutes is not someone whom I'll going to trust take patches from
> blindly!

I sometimes miss a description what a funcion does. Reading the code
usually works, but I've seen functions that I had to read 10 times before
I understood them.

I agree that comment on line as variable++ really sucks..

And if someone could explain that to my teachers at school I would be very
happy :-))))

        Regards,

                Igmar