Re: Announce: modutils 2.3.11 is available - the debugger's helpe r

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 23:27:56 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Dunlap, Randy wrote:
> > Why wouldn't we move several or most modules in
> > drivers/usb/ and hence /lib/modules/usb/ to their
> > "fuctional" directory, like audio/, video/,
> > net/ (or dev/net/)?
> >
> > Is this better or worse than having many different
> > function-drivers in drivers/usb/ ?
>
> I think this would be ok _if_ all the USB driver names started with
> "usb-". E.g., acm.o should be renamed usb-acm.o.

I think this will continue to be a problem that crops up, as the number
of subsystems increases. I wonder if this sort of format is
desireable. It does mean deciding on a standard sub-directory in which
all modules of that type will be found:

modprobe usb/acm

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.