Re: [patch-2.3.99pre6-5] Include File Patches

From: Bill Wendling (wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 00:26:32 EST

Also sprach Horst von Brand:
} Bill Wendling <wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu> said:
} > Here are some minor patches to the include files. I tried to compile the
} > kernel with -pedantic (and failed). I got several warnings about newlines
} > in strings being invalid in ANSI C. There were some text after an #endif
} > in the include/linux/raid files which should be comments. One of the
} > strangest errors was this:
} >
} > __u8 short slot_tablelen;
} >
} > in include/linux/cdrom.h. __u8 is typedef'ed as unsigned char. I'm
} > assuming this was meant to be unsigned short instead?
}
} And that junk does compile?! Compiler bug, just reported. Thanks!
}
If I don't use the -pedantic flag, it all compiles without arguments. I
have no clue what it does to the size of the field.

} I'd assume __u16 is meant here, i.e.. 16 bits worth of unsigned, not plain
} short.
}
I suppose...Seeing as how I never found a use of slot_tablelen in any
code, it's hard to tell...:)