Re: [patch-2.3.99pre6-5] Include File Patches

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 22:59:41 EST

Bill Wendling <wendling@ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu> said:
> Here are some minor patches to the include files. I tried to compile the
> kernel with -pedantic (and failed). I got several warnings about newlines
> in strings being invalid in ANSI C. There were some text after an #endif
> in the include/linux/raid files which should be comments. One of the
> strangest errors was this:
>
> __u8 short slot_tablelen;
>
> in include/linux/cdrom.h. __u8 is typedef'ed as unsigned char. I'm
> assuming this was meant to be unsigned short instead?

And that junk does compile?! Compiler bug, just reported. Thanks!

I'd assume __u16 is meant here, i.e.. 16 bits worth of unsigned, not plain
short.

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Viņa del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616