Re: [Linux-Perf] [ANNOUNCE] Powertweak v0.1.13

From: Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 19:57:35 EST

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Dave Jones wrote:

  On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Paul Jakma wrote:

> I really should do better research and also sleep more before i post
> mails like that.

  *grin*

i really should sleep. :)

  What's missing? As I pointed out in the other mail, the 586 PCI-ISA
  bridge is supported. If you can point me at something thats missing,
  I'll try and get it in for 0.1.14

Yeah, 586 is actually great. I ran it first on the Asus K7M (AMD751+
VIA 686), which is a bit bare. (but documented as such in the
powertweak docs). Then i sent the mail.

After i sent the mail, i tried it on an MVP3 chipset board and found
that there are indeed a hell of a lot of different tweaks.
Impressive.

Seeing as i have your attention. Do you know whether the 686 has any
ISA DMA hang issues like the 585 does?

> Dave.. sorry. Beat me with a 2x4 - i deserve it.

  *slap* :-)

thanks... :)

apologetically yours,

--