Re: PROBLEM: ls gets stuck in D state on 2.3.99pre4-5

From: Mircea Damian (dmircea@linux.kappa.ro)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 09:53:54 EST

I have the same behaviour with iso images mounted on loopback since some
time ago. I thought it was just my problem. At first it stucked when I
tried to mount it. Now it mounts fine but I can't access anything there.

The problem seems to appear only for big iso files. The system becomes
unusable(no response from proccesses which are trying to access the disk).

Alt-PrintScreen-P shows IP: c0111af0
Quote from my System.map shows:

c0111890 t wake_on_busmaster
c01118c0 t acpi_idle
c0111b40 t acpi_enter_dx
c0111b70 t acpi_update_clock

So it must be somewhere between acpi_idle and acpi_enter_dx. But that's
normal I think because my system is in idle state.

Any ideeas?

--
Mircea Damian
E-mails: dmircea@kappa.ro, dmircea@roedu.net