Re: Linux 2.3.99pre4-5-ac1

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 09:47:14 EST

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Grendel wrote:

> To stay more in sync with the actual code, it should be:
>
> return lookup_dentry(tmp, follow) - works, tested.

No, it shouldn't. I've switched the ->follow_link() handling of that stuff
to vfs_follow_link() everywhere _precisely_ to avoid exporting
lookup_dentry() left, right and center. And BTW, there's no 'follow'
anymore.

BTW, while you are at it - switch the ->readlink() there, OK? Check how
it's done e.g. in fs/ext2/symlink.c.