Re: [OT] Re: automatic routing in 2.2.*

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 05:23:47 EST

"A month of sundays ago Blu3Viper wrote:"
> On 28 Mar 2000, david parsons wrote:
> > And I'm just waiting for the inevitable ``must tweak a magic variable
> > before the zero subnet is usable'' patch.
>
> Well, take it or leave it. It's been in the kernel for a while and argued
> to death. :)

And what justification has ever been given? Breaking ifconfig
gratuitously? Making it impossible to run two different generation
kernels on the same system base? Incompatibility backwards (and
forwards?). Incompatibility horizontally? Script-breaking?

Just curious (as well as fed up with the silliness of it).

> Please take this to private email if you'd like to continue.

Peter