memory tester and BP6 problems

From: John Newman (jnn@jump.net)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 22:36:30 EST

Can anyone recommend a good app to stress test the memory in my
Linux box? I'm getting these strange lockups in a BP6 where
the box locks hard, usually emitting a constant beep when it's
locked. When I reboot it it usually doesn't come up for about
five minutes but instead makes a beep pattern that is alternating
a high and lower pitch beep continuously. Never posts. It
usually stays up for anywhere from a day to a week. Not
overclocked, happens with any kernel config and I've got my ram
settings at the most conservative. Also, the temperature stays
anywhere from 29C - 34C on the CPU's and in the system as reported
by lm_sensors and looking at logs of the temps it is never overly
hot when it dies.

- John