Re: Load linux...from linux?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 11:06:15 EST

> Hmm, I don't understand this. Why would the size of the swap partition
> matter, and why do you have to copy it elsewhere ? As far as I can tell
> from reading the swsusp description, you should be able to load directly
> from your normal swap, no ?

The point is you want to resume from the same suspended position multiple
times. Its a bit like undumping emacs. And if you use a small swap partition
to dump into (remember the swsusp throws out read only pages it can recover
and also throws out empty stuff) you can dd a copy to unsuspend off faster

Alan