Re: Load linux...from linux?

From: Werner Almesberger (almesber@lrc.epfl.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 08:54:33 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> The second cool approach is a bit naughty but works rather well. Apply
> the software suspend patch,

I wonder if you have to dress in black and wear stylish dark sunglasses
when running that stuff ;-)

> boot the machine to steady state, suspend it
> with only a small swap partition then copy that partition
> into another partition or file

Hmm, I don't understand this. Why would the size of the swap partition
matter, and why do you have to copy it elsewhere ? As far as I can tell
from reading the swsusp description, you should be able to load directly
from your normal swap, no ?

- Werner