Re: [linux-fbdev] Re: Linux console driver maintainer?

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 21:49:49 EST

On 28 Feb 2000 jmcmullan@linuxcare.com wrote:

> James A Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
> > Alan is talking about the version of KGI called evstack/GGI console.
> > [snip snip]
>
> Yep - that was my youthful excursion. My paper on it is at:
>
> http://zhrodague.net/~jmcc/ggi/EvStack/paper/index.html
>
> It was a fun project, although it `did too much' by the
> end, and state management killed the event heirarchy tree.
>
> The output side, however, was pretty stable, and highly flexible.

We have alot to learn from this first attempt. The linux-consold project
has been approved by sourceforge. So in 24 hours it should be ready to
go. I setup a mailing list already but its pretty useless until DNS kicks
in. I will post to the list as soon as this is ready.

Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
James Simmons (o_
fbdev/gfx developer (o_ (o_ //\
http://www.linux-fbdev.org (/)_ (/)_ V_/_
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net