Re: linux-2.4.0-test9

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 20:48:40 EST

   Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 01:19:16 +0200
   From: Jamie Lokier <lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk>

   Put __attribute__ ((section (".data"))) into __tcp_clean_cacheline_pad
   and it should do what you want.

   Heck, section ".bss" might give you the alignment without the allocation
   but I'm not as confident about that.

Well part of the issue is that the surrounding data items were moved
into the .bss section. That in and of itself I have no problems with.

How, if I put the cacheline_pad into .data will it help the placement
or surrounding .bss segment variables? Your suggestion really doesn't
solve the problem while retaining the intention of these recent test9
changes.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com