Re: Tux 2 patents

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.org)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 20:58:47 EST

Forward the document to wandrew@timpanogas.org. Regarding patents, for
prior art to be valid it has to have been "reduced to practice" (the
legal term). That means it has to have been implemented and the theory
demonstrated. There's no real requirement under US Patent Law that it
be shipped, turned into code, etc., but in order to qualify as "prior
art" is has to have been shown to have been "reduced to practice" in
some meaningful way, and isn't hot air. If your document meets these
requirements, it will count towards this issue ...

Jeff