Re: kmem_grow

From: Eric Lowe (elowe@myrile.madriver.k12.oh.us)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 14:43:09 EST

Hello,

> Pardon my ignorance, but:
>
> Can anyone point me to a quick explaination of what
> kmem_grow: Called nonatomically from int - size-64
> means or what to look for when you see something like this?
>
> I'm guessing size-64 is from the slab allocator... so kmalloc() or
> something is being called incorrectly somewhere????
>
> I'll read the fine manual or the appropriate source if someone will
> point it out to me...

Yup, somebody's allocating very small bits of memory from an
interrupt. You're probably using a buggy driver or kernel
module.. The size is small enough it probably wouldn't trip
up and cause a panic blocking waiting for more memory, but that's
because you've been lucky so far..

--
Eric Lowe
FibreChannel Software Engineer, Systran Corporation