Re: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

From: Matthew Hawkins (matthew@topic.com.au)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 04:22:35 EST

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 02:37:26 -0400 Dmitri Pogosyan
<pogosyan@cita.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Well, being just an end customer, I would not judge technical quality
> of RedHat packages [...]

With that kind of general attitude, I suggest you stay well clear of
used car salesmen (in particular).

> I guess you were asking your questions in a language similar to the
> one you used in your message here :(

I'm not sure what you mean by asking questions, since submitting bug
reports generally involves providing some sample erroneous output or
proof of erroneus behaviour, and hopefully a patch (or patches) to fix
it. To some extent it even involves being active on relevent lists,
helping others with their problems you've got a fix for, and getting
help from others who have fixed things you haven't. I don't think I'd
be too wrong in saying most people here are the same, and have done/do
the above.

Also through lack of use I've unfortunately lost my fluency in German
and Japanese, so I'm stuck conversing in my native English (although I
apologise if I let any local slang slip through, I'm happy to clarify
off the list)

--
Matt