Re: [HUMOR] Quake 1 source code.

Mark Montague (monty@gg.caltech.edu)
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:55:43 -0800

Because of cross-posting I'll include the whole thing...

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Petko Manolov wrote:
> > "Mike A. Harris" wrote:
> > >
> > > <HUMOR MODE>
> > >
> > > Since it is GPL, is anyone working on porting Quake to kernel
> > > mode? It would make a nice addon to SYSRQ for example:
> >
> > Splendid. And we should add some extra syscalls as
> > sys_kill_with_shotgun, sys_kill_with_chaingun etc.
> > It will be very funny playing with the Linux kernel.

This has been been done in user space, for a slightly different
version... see

<url:http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dlchao/flake/doom/>

Maybe we need a generic extra-gore-kill-process layer, with several
different front ends...

- M

--
Mark "Monty" Montague | monty@gg.caltech.edu  | I don't do Windows(tm)
       Give me a perl pocket ref, and I'll give you the world.