Re: [Fwd: Dual Celery on BP6]

Mike Frisch (mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org)
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 01:39:51 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, Rob Hall wrote:

> culprit)... Now, if we could get Abit to look into the problem... They
> may have already tried this, but it's always good to know...

I wish ABit were more involved in solving this problem. Being the
designer and manufacturer of the motherboard, they most definitely would
have the required test equipment to properly diagnose the problem at hand.
If the problem ends up being a particular sensitivity to cooling and/or
power supply, life is good and those with this board (myself included) can
make provisions to fix the problem, otherwise we'll be wondering forever
as to what the cause is.

> token, other people with the exact same configurations aren't having
> problems... That

I am not entirely convinced of this. Some people who've reported their
machine being 'clean' aren't even running 2.3.x kernels that log these
APIC errors. I've 'caught' at least one person myself.

> should look into it.. they've got a fine product here, I'd hate to see
> it shot down by something as trivial as a regulator....

I agree completely!

Mike.