Re: NEC VERSA 6030X laptop suspend problems after BIOS upgrade

Richard Guy Briggs (rgb@conscoop.ottawa.on.ca)
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:25:07 -0500

--2TjDr9ZggSI2eMvk

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 11:40:13AM -0800, David Ford wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Richard Guy Briggs wrote:
> > Bingo! Thank you so much! This was not obvious at all and the NEC
> > service desk had no idea either.
> >=20
> > How did you learn this?
>=20
> same user bug ;)
>=20
> i actually had a clue because i rebooted precisely to set that option and=
> let it suspend, tapped a key and that happened, so i typed in my password
> and the penguin danced.

Of course. That should be in the laptop howto or the
linux.org->hardware->laptop pages.

> now, if i could get 2.3.x to stop losing the keyboard/mouse five seconds
> after suspend-resume, i'd be a very happy camper.

Oh joy, I have *that* to look forward to?

> -d

slainte mhath, RGB
--=20
Richard Guy Briggs -- PGP key available Auto-Free Ottawa! Canada
<http://www.conscoop.ottawa.on.ca/rgb/> </www.flora.org/afo/>
Prevent Internet Wiretapping! -- FreeS/WAN:<www.xs4all.nl/~freeswan>
Thanks for voting Green! -- <green.ca> Marillion:<www.marillion.co.uk>

--2TjDr9ZggSI2eMvk