Re: [security] Big problem on 2.0.x? (fwd)

Pedro M. Rodrigues (pmanuel@myrealbox.com)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:44:49 -0000

While i dont think that a 2.0.39 with just this fix is a good idea (i
agree with Alan Cox that only external vulnerabilities should be a
reason for a new version) i believe some sort of revision of the 2.0.X
kernels once in a while is a good idea. I myself have in production
environment four 2.0.X machines, but i am very forward minded, so
i can only guess how many exist in the rest of the world with
people more conservative than me. Of course the important thing
here is that such work could only be implemented under strict rules
and guidance from Alan Cox, but always releasing him and others
from the dirty work that is understandably frowned upon by them.

So, if things go that way, i am willing to give my help to David
Weinehall and others.

Pedro Rodrigues
Formtech AB