Re: Again: EQL - someone's use this thing yet?

Constantine Gavrilov (const-g@Orbotech.COM)
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:04:04 +0200

Thomas Davis wrote:

> Constantine Gavrilov wrote:
> >
> > Does this mean that only channel bonding (discussed previously in this thread)
> > can provide a required solution in this case?
>
> Bonding doesn't care about the protocol. Depending on the switch and
> network configuration, bonding/etherchannel only cares about mac
> hardware address.
>
> What bonding will do, is to round-robin send packets down the bonded
> interfaces. It's up to the switch/system on the other end to determine
> what to do with those packets.

I know that bonding will work (thanks for this cool stuff BTW!). The question
was whether route multipath + equalize from diffserv package can achieve a
similar functionality for load balancing IP traffic. (I know that mulitpath will
balance just IP, but I care only about IP).

Constantine Gavrilov
Unix System Administrator and Programmer
Orbotech
Yavne 81102, Israel
Phone: (972-8)-942-3064
Fax:   (972-8)-942-3800