Re: Net-Tools 1.53 update for new token ring type

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 01:26:49 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Mike Phillips wrote:

>> > Ok, the first patch looks kosher, but does the second patch require 2.3.xx
>> > kernels?
>> No, it changes /usr/include/if_arp.h, not /usr/src/linux/include/linux
>
>> > I bounce betwixt 2.2.xx (14pre12) and 2.3.30, so I'd like to have bi-lingual
>> > net-tools if at all possible.
>> Not with the simple patch I produced, now I know what they other problem is (smp > dies, up doesn't), I'll try to work up a patch that will work with both kernel versions.
>
>Attached is the diff against net-tools-1.53. This should allow ifconfig to work with both the old TR type (2.2.x) and the new TR type (2.3.x).
>
>You'll still need the other patch for /usr/include/net/if_arp.h.

Attached was no diff, but rather a WordPerfect 4.2 document.
At first I was angry for such a useless file attachment, but
after thinking about it for a minute, my anger subsided, and my
sympathy became the dominant feeling.

You poor guy. Someone PLEASE donate this man a WordPerfect 8.0
CD or at least WP7! Then you can post the same thing again in a
more modern format - but still useless. Then we'd have a reason
to flame you, without feeling sorry for you.

;o)

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

Join the FreeMWare project - the goal to produce a FREE program in which you can run Windows 95/98/NT, and other operating systems.

http://www.freemware.org