Re: Filesystem corruption on i686 with 2.3.x kernels?

George (greerga@nidhogg.ham.muohio.edu)
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:07:20 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:

>I'm seeing this here (2.3.20 up to 2.3.31pre1 with jumps between), enough
>to scare me from using 2.3 at all. Strangely, 2.3.20 ran for quite some
>time with a very similar configuration on a plain Pentium without eating
>any filesystems. Recently several people posted their .config files (for
>unrelated reasons), and _noone_ was running a kernel configured for
>i686. Coincidence?

I booted 2.3.31 twice on my 486 laptop and was in it for a total of about
30 minutes. That was long enough for SSH to complain my host key had
changed when I rebooted to 2.2.12. So I don't think it's just i686.

-George Greer