Re: Supporting Macintosh FinderInfo/Resource Fork in Linux NWFS 2.0

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
12 Dec 1999 15:16:16 +0100

jmerkey@timpanogas.com (Jeff V. Merkey) writes:

> Is there any Macintosh File support in Linux via the VFS or IOCTL's
> through the NFS? I looked through the other FS's and don't even see
> IOCTL's for dealing with this, though I admit I may not recognize what I
> am looking at. I am also curious is we have a MAC server for presenting
> MAC files to MAC clients with all the widgets they come to expect.

netatalk (the file server) uses a hidden directory with special files
for that. If you keep compatible with their filenames then it would be
possible to directly serve atalk from such a nwfs to MacOS clients.

Mapping them to the normal file system name space seems to be the best
approach for forks anyways.

-Andi

--
This is like TV. I don't like TV.