Re: Again: EQL - someone's use this thing yet?

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:03:35 -0900 (AKST)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> "Christopher E. Brown" wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:
> > >
> > > And I can test this using two ethernet cards? Using a full-modular,
> > > almost all modules availables for a 2.3.29 kernel, what mods/proc
> > > options i need to activate for an ethernet testing? Look:
> >
> > You need to compile a kernel patched with the diff-serv patch
> > with the advanced routing set on.
>
> Done this w/ 2.2.13. See part of my .config:
>
> > You need to get the approp tools (iproute) and compile it with
> > diffserv enabled. Then you can set up multipath routes and equalized
> > multipath routes.
>
> Done as mentioned in (ver 6) ds/README and ds_howto.txt in diffserv's
> hp.
>

> > The route and ifconfig tools are outdated for this use.
>
> Sure, but "ip route add default nexthop via 192.168.10.1 dev eth0" still
> returning "RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument".
>
> I need to enable something in /proc, load any module, do any voodoo 8p

You forgot the advanced router settings not under the QOS
stuff such as equal cost multipath, route by TOS, etc...

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.