Re: RedHat kernel - standard kernel?

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:06:33 +0300 (MSK)

In <Pine.LNX.4.10.9912101304390.1042-100000@iq.rulez.org> Sasi Peter (sape@iq.rulez.org) wrote:
> Hi!

> I have a stock Redhat 6.1 with its kernel 2.2.12-20, which I think it
> means 2.2.12 + a lot of patches to make it more stable and more decent.
> And now I need to install the ide-xxx patch from Hedrick's site, because I
> need more HDD power from my raid array so I put each disk in a different
> channel. I also use NFS for file serving.

> So can anyone tell me what kernel can give me new RAID (0.9 I think),
> fresh and working knfsd, HPT366, and possibily all the RedHat enhacements?

You can find ALL sources for RedHat's kernel on CD with sources in source rpm
for that kernel (it's kernel-*.src.rpm, NOT kernel-source-*.xxx.rpm !).
There are tarball from ftp.kernel.org, all additions and patches and .spec file
where you can find about building process (if you have enough *nix expirience
then you can understood what's written there even without reading Maximum RPM
from www.rpm.org :-)