Re: How is 8-bit character support enabled for the TTY driver

Khimenko Victor (khim@dell.sch57.msk.ru)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:08:21 +0300 (MSK)

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Marcin Dalecki wrote:

> > If bash is broken why I can not see it ? I'm using bash 2.03 and all
> > russian filenames and such works just fine ...
>
> Uh.. oh... I did only look at bash-1.14.

Bash 1.14 is fine as well (as long as it's correctly configured).

> > P.S. Of course I said (via .inputrc) that I need support for 8bit characters
> > for both input and output (it's in bash's info under "Command Line Editing",
> > "Readline Init File", "Readline Init File Syntax": input-meta,
> > convert-meta, output-meta, etc).
>
> Yeah GNU hell of configuration...

It's explained in any
<insert-your-favorite-language-where-you-need-8bit>-howto :-) In my case
it was Cyrillic-HOWTO ...