Re: unresolved symbol __divdi3

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:59:25 +0200

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 04:55:53PM +0200, Reine Gill wrote:
> Then i try to install my driver i get:
>
> /sbin/insmod tm
> ./tm.o: unresolved symbol __divdi3
>
> This symbol is in gcclib, and i think the
> result of long divisions in the driver code...
>
> How do i solve this ?

By figuring which LONG LONG division you have (64 by 32, or some
such). If you can replace it with suitable shift-right (which
is equivalent of division by a power of two), you will get both
code without that extra *intentionally* unsupported gcc internal
library call, and very likely faster code than any other way to
code it.

Could you give pointer to the source ?
And do also mention which kernel version you are using as your
compilation environment.