Re: vfork

Wichert Akkerman (wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:46:06 +0100

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

Heh, found this in an old mailfolder I don't read anymore..

Previously Alan Cox wrote:
> Its such a brilliant idea that we already had it...
>=20
> if (!(clone_flags & CLONE_PTRACE))
> new_flags &=3D ~(PF_PTRACED|PF_TRACESYS);
>=20
> That was added for the threaded-gdb folks a while back 8)

Which means strace would need to turn fork into a clone call iff
we're running on Linux and iff we have a recent enough kernel, right?
That would mean adding more conditions to the code where it's already
messy enough.. although it would make it easier to port (right now
it goes wrong for mipsel for example, I think it still uses i386-instruction
on a mips processor.. oops!).

Wichert.

--=20
=20
/ Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience \ =
=20
| wichert@liacs.nl http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ | =
=20
| 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D | =
=20

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--