Re: [patch] hashtable sizes for icache and dcache

Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:39:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

>Several of the core developers are running 2.3.x _right_now_ with 4mb
>and 8mb of memory, therefore your changes are doubly unacceptable even
>by your own arguments for it.

Ok, so if the majority of you is running 2.3.x with 8mbyte machine I was
wrong in my mbyte statistics and I'll continue to hand tune my own kernel
for my own 128mbyte machine until the autotuning feature will be merged
(as I am in the _minority_ running 2.3.x with >=32mbyte ram).

NOTE: if you want me working actively on the hash-autotune feature I am
not too busy and I can write a common interface.

Andrea